Sunday, August 23, 2020

Do You Copy?

Who is on the other side?
Hey, MMers. Today’s news comes out of Damariscotta. Marc Henderson, a husband and father in his late thirties, was playing a game of “hide and seek” with his son over the Walkie-Talkies Marc had bought young Peter for his birthday. We were able to get a hold of Marc over the phone for an interview.

“Yeah, it was weird,” Marc recalled. “We would play hide and seek and give clues to each other on where we were hiding. It was fun. But one day, when Petey was out hiding out in the woods...well, all of the sudden his voice changed. It’s hard to describe, but it honestly sounded like me on the other side of the Walkie-Talkie…”

Though Mark and Peter had played this game countless times, this was the first time something like this had happened.


“So, I kept walking on, but it wasn’t Petey. It was someone, something, else. When I asked for a clue, he said ‘right where you and your wife made that brat of a son of yours.’ - I went out into the woods and found the small clearing laden with birch trees where Maddie and I would go for a nice picnic, sometimes with wine or cocktails…”

The birch tree clearing
Marc went on to describe what he found out there, but the first time it was nothing. No one was there, and he found Peter hiding in a pile of dead leaves on his way back to the house. A week later, Marc had a similar experience. He was led to the same clearing again, hearing himself over the Walkie-Talkie. When he got to the clearing, he saw a blanket laid out with a basket of food. He was trembling with fear and started screaming out to whoever was on the other side of the Walkie-Talkie.

“I kind of freaked out. I was stressed, and I didn’t know where Petey had gone, or who had put out that blanket. So, I turned to go back to the house, and I saw a man, dressed in the same clothes as me, running away towards the house. I ran as fast as I could, but I couldn't catch him, and then I tripped over a rock and fell and scuffed up my arm pretty good. I lost him, but I know he was there.”

Who knows what crossed signals are out there to be intercepted, MMers? Maybe you might even end up talking to yourself…
Stay safe out there, Maine!


5 comments:

  1. Guy. What the... This is messed up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i was out for a stroll with my friend when we had the good idea to play soldiers in the woods. and i kept hearing myself

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've experienced something like this before I was walking through my backwoods heading to a friends house I was on the phone with him talking about some filming stuff when through the phone I heard "Behind you" It was low and wasn't my friend talking I turned around but there was nothing there so I kept walking getting closer to my friends house when I heard "Im behind you" again, this time I turned drawing out the handgun that I carry over in the distance I saw a man wearing my clothes his face was ether covered or distorted because it didn't look like me but did at the same time, I yelled out and the other guy turned around and ran off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I heard voices outside my bedroom window one night and when I put my face to the glass to see out I saw what at first was my reflection until my face smiled and then disappeared into the darkness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My friends and I were playing man hunt one time when one of them told us they keep hearing their own voice while they were hiding

    ReplyDelete

The Meat Suit Man

Welcome back, MMers! It has been  LONG time coming, and before we dive into today's story, we feel we owe you guys a bit of an explanati...